4 September, 2019
Posted in : Uncategorized on by : ChefAngie
- 1 14-oz can Pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. Ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. Vinegar
- 1 batch Meatballs
- 1 medium Green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch squares
- 1 medium Onion, cut into 1/2-inch squares
- Drain the pineapple chunks. Set aside.
- Pour the juice into a measuring cup. Add enough water to the pineapple juice to make 1 1/4 cups of liquid.
- Pour pineapple juice and water mixture into a large saucepan.
- Add the brown sugar, cornstarch, ginger, soy sauce, and vinegar. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce is clear and thick.
- Put the entire batch of meatballs into the saucepan with the sauce. Let the meatballs simmer in the sauce for 5 minutes.
- Add the green pepper, onion, and pineapple chunks. Bring to a boil, and cook for about 5 more minutes at a lower heat.
- Serve over rice.