4 September, 2019
UNFRIED CHICKEN OR FISH
- 1 cup Bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. Grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. Oregano or Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 3 lbs. Skinless chicken pieces
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, oregano (or Italian Seasoning), salt, and pepper in a plastic bag. Close the top and shake all the ingredients together.
- Pour the vegetable oil into a small, square bowl. Roll the chicken pieces around in the bowl until the chicken is covered in oil.
- Put chicken pieces into the bag with the bread crumb mixture and shake until the chicken is coated with the crumbs.
- Place chicken on a cookie sheet (spray sheet with vegetable oil first).
- Bake for 25 minutes. Turn the pieces over and bake for another 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown. The chicken is done if the juice is clear (not pink) when you poke a fork into it.
For fish, use 1 pound fish (catfish or red snapper) fillets instead of the chicken in this recipe. Bake for 10 to 20 minutes or until the fish falls apart when you poke it with a fork. Squeeze lemon juice on top for extra flavor.